Yoga in the Park - Hugh MacRae
Classes will be held by the fountain (weather permitting) at Hugh MacRae park from 9-10am on the 2nd & 4th Saturdays of the summer months, June – August. This is an all levels yoga practice, all bodies welcome.
GOALS OF THIS PROGRAM:
- Connect the people of New Hanover County to nature by practicing Yoga outdoors.
- Help create a feeling of community.
- Promote a lifestyle of health and wellness
- Introduce Yoga to a broader audience.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF YOGA?
- Develop body awareness
- Manage stress through breathing, awareness, meditation and healthy movement
- Build concentration and focus
- Increase confidence and positive self-image
- Increase strength, flexibility, and balance
- Feel part of a healthy, non-competitive group
WHAT TYPES OF CLASSES ARE OFFERED?
Classes will be All-Levels classes open to the public. Most classes will be intended for adults, however children 10 years and up may accompany parents. Classes for Children and Families will be offered as special weekend events, and will be advertised as such.
Each class is $12 and must be purchased on our website: mymovementworks.com under the POP UP EVENTS tab.
- Online PreRegistration necessary.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes early to sign a liability waiver and place your mat.
- We will be outside! Bring your mat (or beach towel), hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, bug spray, and outdoor accessories.