The Service Technician is responsible for performing maintenance needs of vehicles passing thru the service department. Maintenance includes but is not limited to the following:
- Diagnosing or identifying mechanical and/or electrical problems according the repair order.
- Testing parts and systems to identify problems or the integrity of said.
- Communicate the problems found and repairs needed with service advisors or management in order to provide customer satisfaction and safety in regards to customer complaint and/or need. Must obtain permission from management before making repairs or servicing vehicles.
- Repair or replace worn and inoperable parts or systems. May include disassemble and reassemble of parts or systems.
- Preform basic care and maintenance as well as diagnose and correct problems that prevent efficient engine performance.
- Use on board diagnostic systems along with electronic testing equipment to preform diagnostic and repair responsibilities.
- Preform a quick review of every vehicle and report findings to service advisor for possible up-sell.
- Preform “Trade In Inspections” on possible trades to assist sales managers in determining any potential repairs vehicle will need.
- Preform “Pre-Delivery Inspections” to mechanically prepare vehicles being added to company inventory for front line placement.
- Preform “80 Point Inspections” on all operational company vehicles not for sale.
- Maintain a neat and organized work area and assist in keeping entire shop clean and orderly.
- Test drive all vehicles after repairs are made to verify customer complaint has been correctly addressed.
- Follow all safety rules and procedures.
- Other service department related duties as directed by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent
- ASE Certifications or Dealer Certifications preferred.
- Must have automotive experience that enables technician to diagnose vehicles and make repairs without error.
- Must have thorough understanding of electrical / electronic systems, engine performance and repair, heating and air conditioning, brakes, manual drive train and axles, suspension and steering.
- Must have good analytical skills and be able to operate and use diagnostic tools.
- Must have the ability to communicate with services advisors and managers regarding problems and solutions for each vehicles. Must be able to identify and communicate possible areas of future or immediate concern so that it may be relayed to the customer.
- Must be familiar with all domestic and foreign (as common to the United States) vehicles.
- Must be a team player while also being capable of working independently.
- Must be able to keep a clean and organized work area.
- Must provide own tools.
- Punctuality and common courtesy an absolute must.
Special Working Conditions
- Must be able to stand, sit, squat, bend over, or lie down for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work in uncomfortable positions.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds alone.
- Must be able to multitask and keep tasks organized and separated when working on more than one at a time.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather including extreme heat, cold, and humidity.
- Pay Range: Depends on experience, certifications, capabilities, and knowledge- Schedule/Hours: M-F 8-5 at least 2 Sat a month 8-Noon May have longer hours Feb to May- Length: Full Time Perm Qualified candidates please email your resume with "Tech" in subject, or fax to 910-754-5433.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Calabash, NC