McGill Associates is a growing, progressive, regional engineering and consulting firm with over 30 years of experience. Our firm offers multi-discipline, professional engineering, environmental consulting, land planning, landscape architecture, surveying and construction related services to clients throughout the Southeast. Our team of professionals is dedicated to presenting innovative solutions and value-added approaches that result in our ability to deliver projects on time and within budget.
Shallotte is a great place to live! Located in the 4th fastest growing county in state, Brunswick County is in the southeastern part of North Carolina between Wilmington and Myrtle Beach. Living in Shallotte gives you close access to 5 barrier islands, 30 championship golf courses and many local restaurants and shops. Each portion of the county holds its own distinct characteristics, yet one thing that remains consistent throughout is the collective tranquility and relief from the everyday hustle and bustle. The coastal setting, low tax rates, and high quality of life here help to ensure that the area will continue to grow. You will find a range of tastes, activities and interests to enjoy for you and your family.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include the application of general civil and environmental engineering design principles on a variety of public and private civil and site projects. Typical project responsibilities will include basic engineering computations, design, layout, modeling, CAD and engineering report writing.
Minimum Education and Requirements
- • Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or a related field
- • Engineering Intern (EI) Certification or ability to obtain EI Certification within 6 months of hire
- • Valid North Carolina driver’s license
- • Proficiency in AutoCAD – Civil 3D
- • Proficiency in commonly used computer software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- • Excellent writing and communication skills
- • Frequently lift and/or move 35 pounds
- • Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- • Competitive Salaries
- • Medical, Dental, Vision, RX, STD, LTD, and Life Insurance
- • 401k Matching Plan
- • Vacation Pay
- • Paid Holidays
- • Paid Professional Development
- • Performance Bonus Program
- • Tuition Reimbursement
- • Company Sponsored Social Events
- • Review our benefits on our McGill Site at: www.mcgillengineers.com
How to Apply
To apply, please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list "Engineer Associate – Civil/Site Shallotte" in the subject line of your email.